Welcome

Glass Onion Bead Company was founded in 1990 by husband and wife team David Johnson and Debbie Austin-Johnson. While starting out as a stained glass studio, we have evolved into a bead store with the largest selection in Northeast Wisconsin. We offer a wide variety of classes with award winning bead instructors.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

the seventh day


We got to our cabin last night, just in time to see the sun going down. The ice is almost gone. It was the first time we have been here in over a month.  Work-show-work-sick-show.  Did I mention work??

It made me stop and think about long ago, and growing up in the 60's.  Remember when all businesses were closed on Sunday?  Nobody worked on Sunday.  Parents stayed home and did things with their kids.  We would all load up in the back of the yellow station wagon, (I had five sisters), no seat belts of course, and go to Triangle Park and fly kites.  Mom would pack sandwiches in the green aluminum picnic basket and we would lay on a blanket and look at the clouds and play tag and just have fun.  The good old days....


I wish days were like that again....  So today, I'm going to turn off the computer, get my winter hat and coat on (April 21, ya..I know..) take my spinning wheel out on the deck and enjoy nature.  The squirrels are going crazy because the feeders are filled again, the birds are coming back and I just saw a bufflehead duck, diving for breakfast.  Life is good.

Words for the day...
Have an old fashioned Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of an old-fashioned Sunday. Thanks for reminding me of those days. Love the idea of you spinning on your deck. Might have to get my wheel out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old fashioned Sunday, an old fashioned on a Sunday, or an old fashioned sundae. Either way you can't go wrong. I love your new blog. Don't tell your sisters, but I still thing you're the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful reflection. I also remember Sunday being special because as a family we would all watch Wonderful World of Disney and that was a big treat!
    Lori M

    ReplyDelete